Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How to decode the RTP MPEG4 dump( received bits) ?

How to decode the RTP MPEG4 dump :
-----------------------------------------
I added the Network receiver filter and dump the received data to a file.I send the rtp stream using ffmpeg as follows : ffmpeg -i "D:\highway.avi" -s 176x144 -vcodec mpeg4 -f rtp rtp://127.0.0.1:5000/
I got an error So I specified the audio as Nil using the following command : -an ffmpeg -i "D:\highway.avi" -s 176x144 -an -vcodec mpeg4 -f rtp rtp://127.0.0.1:5000/Now it is sending data to RTP successfully.
Using RTP receiver filter, I received the RTP data and dumped it to the file using Dump Filter.
I passed the RTP dump as input to the ffmpeg as follows :
ffmpeg -vodec mpeg4 -f rtp -i "D:\RTP.dump" -vcodec rawvideo "D:\RTP.YUV"
I played it with YUV file player, with some flickering it plays the RTP Mpeg data well.

No comments: