Monday, September 08, 2008

WinCE Deployment error Deployment and/or registration failed with error

WinCE Deployment error:

------------------------------------------

Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x8973190e. Error writing file '\Program Files\VideoRenderer.dll'. Error 0x80450001: (null)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

This is due to I have deployed the DLL in Windows folder But the mobile is not allowing to deploy...

So I prepared the cab ( will have the DLL) and install it in mobile.

But it is also not working...

  The problem is Bulverde device shown error as the Problem occurred in tmarshaller.exe file.

Reason:

----------------

Previously I got the same error when Codec DLL is missing in the Codec Filter.

if I deployed it, then I got the error...

 

I have opened the file

using fopen() fn in Constructor of a video renderer... It causes the problem.

if I opened the file in SetMediaType() fn I didnt get any errors...

So Beware of Fopen() calls...

 

 

I have declared the public variable in CVideoRenderer and opened the fopen("\\My Documents\\test.log"); in the CVideoRenderer's constructor...

CVideoRenderer's constructor will be called in the CreateInstance of IUnknown implementation of a filter...

 

This is the General problem to any COM DLL.

No comments: