Monday, September 10, 2007

Error 1:


---------------------------

Microsoft Outlook

---------------------------

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

---------------------------

OK

---------------------------



When trying to send an email you get an error message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run MS Outlook and set it as the default mail client." RESOLUTION:


Install MS Outlook (not Outlook Express). Quit all mail-aware programs. This includes any MS Office programs and follow these steps to set Outlook as your default e-mail program:


Solution :

----------------

Start MS Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later.

On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".

On the "Programs" tab, in the "E-mail" list, click to select "Microsoft Outlook". Do not click "Outlook Express".

Click "OK".






Error 2:

I developed the sample application with the MAPISendMail () fn in VC++.


MAPISendMail() fn succeeded But I got the mail in the Outlook's OutBox folder.But the mail is not sent to the specified email Id...



I enabled the "Forwarding and Pop" -> Enable POP access option from the



4.20 to 5.30 - I faced the above problem.


Set of Steps Taken :


1.So I set the status of the Firewall as "Allow All". Now also I got the problem that is message sent to the Outbox folder. So there is no problem with firewall.

2. I manually sent the mail from Outlook. It is also not working . It sends data to the Outbox folder. This is the cause of the problem. First set the mail settings properly in outlook Express.



I solved this problem By doing the following things:

1.By Enabling My Server Requires authentication




Moreover I have opened the Microsoft outlook and checks whether the MAPISendMail() fn works well …

MAPISendMail() fn failed with Outlook.


MAPISendMail() returns MAPI_E_FAILURE ( return code : 2) , if I opened the outlook.

So I opened the Outlook Express and tested the MAPISendMail() fn , it works well …







Tools ->accounts select the account name



Gmail Settings in Outlook Express:


Run the MAPI only when Outlook Express is Opened…









No comments: